There are several options for buying gold in London, including physical shops, online dealers, and specialist gold dealers. Are you in search of a special gift perhaps a Gold Sovereign, and wondering where to find one in Central London? Look no further, as we guide you to some reliable places where you can acquire this timeless and valuable coin.
Here are some of the best places to buy gold in London.
- Pawn Shops and Antique Stores: If you’re seeking a unique Gold Sovereign, consider exploring Central London’s pawn shops and antique stores. These hidden gems often hold treasures from the past and may have a distinct Gold Sovereign that would make a memorable gift.
- The Royal Mint: For a more traditional option, the Royal Mint is a reputable place to purchase a Gold Sovereign. While their coins may be on the pricier side, you can be assured of their authenticity and quality. The Royal Mint is synonymous with British coinage and offers a sense of heritage with each purchase.
- The Royal Mint:
- Address: Llantrisant, Pontyclun, CF72 8YT
- Website: www.royalmint.com
- Chards: Chards is known for its competitive prices based in Blackpool. when it comes to physical gold. They tend to offer relatively low margins compared to other sellers like Bullionbypost. Keep in mind that Chards may have limited stock, so you might need to exercise some patience if you’re eyeing high-demand coins.
- Address: 32-36 Harrowside, Blackpool, FY4 1RJ
- Website: www.chards.co.uk
- ATS Bullion: If you’re in London, ATS Bullion by the Savoy and Bleyer are reputable dealers to check out. Their locations make it convenient for those in the city. Pricing can fluctuate, so it’s a good idea to compare rates on the day you plan to buy.
- ATS Bullion:
- Address: 41-42, Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8DU
- Website: www.atsbullion.com
- Bleyer Bullion is a UK-based company that specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins. They aim to make bullion investment easy and accessible for everyone, even if they have no experience and don’t know where to start. Bleyer Bullion offers fully insured precious metal storage in the UK at LBMA (London Bullion Market Association) approved vaults. The company is based in rural North Devon and serves the whole of the UK and beyond. Bleyer Bullion is a long-established national UK bullion dealer providing a huge range of investment bullion products, both for delivery or as storage. In 2016, Bleyer Bullion won the Alternative Investment Awards at Wealth & Finance.
- Bleyer Bullion:
- Address: 2nd Floor, 33 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8DL
- Website: www.bleyerbullion.co.uk
- Baird & Co: Baird & Co is another reliable option with competitive prices. They also have a physical store in Stamford Hill, providing a more traditional shopping experience for those who prefer it.
- Baird & Co:
- Address: Baird & Co. Ltd, 49 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8YS
- Website: www.goldline.co.uk
- Sharps Pixley: This is London’s preferred gold dealer and precious metal partner for private clients and family offices from all over the world.
- Sharps Pixley:
- Address: 54 St James’s Street, London, SW1A 1JT
- Website: www.sharpspixley.com
- The London Gold Centre is a gold trader and dealer located in Hatton Garden, London. They buy and sell gold, gold coins, investment gold bars, and branded jewelry. They also specialize in buying and selling luxury jewelry. Customers can sell their gold by post or in-store and receive instant cash for their precious metals. The London Gold Centre offers competitive prices for gold scrap, gold coins, and gold bars based on the current gold market price .
- London Gold Centre:
- Address: 32-33 Hatton Garden, Holborn, London, EC1N 8DL
- Website: www.londongoldcentre.co.uk
- Physical Gold Ltd: Physical Gold Ltd is a UK-based company that specializes in buying and selling gold and silver online. They offer a wide range of popular gold and silver products, including investment coins and bars. Physical Gold Ltd is a reputed gold seller in UK known for providing great value and low premiums on their investment products due to their purchasing power.
- Physical Gold Ltd:
- Address: Suite 1, 5 Percy Street, London, W1T 1DG
- Website: www.physicalgold.com
- The Pure Gold Company is a UK-based company that specializes in providing gold and silver coins and bars to investors and individuals. They are known for being the number one choice for those buying gold and silver, and they offer low prices with free delivery and secure storage options.The company’s core value is to assist clients in investing or holding various types of physical gold and silver, including coins and bars. They offer this service as a tax-efficient way to invest in precious metals. The Pure Gold Company is a subsidiary of The Pure Gold Group Ltd, which is registered in the UK. The company’s registered office address, filing history, accounts, and annual return can be found on the Companies House website.
- The Pure Gold Company:
- Address: 3 Shortlands, Hammersmith, London, W6 8DA
- Website: www.thepuregoldcompany.co.uk
- Bullion Capital is a London-based company that provides a secure and cost-effective solution for trading and storing physical allocated bullion worldwide. They offer a revolutionary trading platform called MetalDesk that allows users to trade gold and silver bars located in world-class vaults and take physical delivery if desired. Bullion Capital is known for being the most secure physical bullion investment solution and offers global trade options, including New York, Zurich, and London. The company is also registered with Companies House and has a registered office address in London. the company only charges a 1% execution fee, which is calculated as a percentage of the value of the trade and added at the time of execution. This is the only fee mentioned on their website for trading physical metals on their platform. However, it is important to note that there are annual storage fees for holding physical metals, which are 0.5% for gold, 0.5% for silver, and 0.5% for platinum.
- Bullion Capital:
- Address: 34 South Molton Street, Mayfair, London, W1K 5RG
- Website: www.bullioncapital.com
- Hatton Garden: Central London’s Hatton Garden is renowned for its jewelry shops, and you might stumble upon Gold Sovereigns among the treasures. This area caters to a wide range of budgets, making it a versatile choice for shoppers. This is one of the best places to buy gold in London. It is a well-known area for gold and jewelry shops, and there are many specialist gold dealers located in and around the area
- Oxford Street: If you’re looking for more affordable options, Oxford Street is home to numerous jewelry chain stores, offering a range of price points to suit different budgets.
- Harrods and Sloane Street: Harrods, located near Knightsbridge subway station, boasts a flagship department store with various jewelry concessions. Additionally, Sloane Street, just a short walk away, features several high-end jewelry shops.
What gold to buy in London.
For added security and control, acquire physical gold rather than opting for paper forms where third parties may store it on your behalf. Having physical possession of your gold allows you the flexibility to approach gold smelters and purchase gold shot – small, circular pieces of gold. These are sought after by jewelers for crafting rings, bracelets, and necklaces. This approach offers one of the most cost-effective means of acquiring gold in its bullion form. Typically, the standard price for gold shot is 1% above the current gold spot price.
The most prudent approach to acquiring gold is through the purchase of bullion, such as bullion coins or gold bars. It’s essential to exercise caution when selecting specific brands like Credit Suisse, Johnson Matthey, or Perth, as they often come with a higher premium. It’s worth remembering that gold remains inherently the same regardless of its branding; when melted down, it’s all indistinguishably gold. Be cautious when considering American Eagles or Chinese Pandas, as they often carry a hefty premium. It’s essential to reiterate that gold remains gold, irrespective of its origin or design.
Consider opting for more cost-effective alternatives like African Krugerrands or Canadian Maple Leafs when buying bullion. These options provide the same gold content but at a more reasonable cost. The economics of gold bars follow a similar principle – the larger the quantity you purchase, the lower the premium you pay. When acquiring bullion gold, aim for a purity level of 999.9 rather than 99.9. While they are essentially the same, you’ll receive a better price for gold with the 999.9 purity rating. If your budget allows, consider investing in a 1-kilogram gold bar, which contains 2.2 pounds of pure gold. opt for a negotiable bar without the branding of specific companies to save significantly while obtaining the same quality.
As of now, the price of gold stands at $1,954.00 per ounce. However, it’s crucial to note that precious metal prices fluctuate throughout the trading day when the markets are open. Experts project that gold, by December, may reach a spot price ranging from $2,000 to $2,100 in the futures market.
Consider exploring online marketplaces like eBay for silver bullion collectible coins. Many individuals have had successful experiences purchasing gold coins through these platforms. Just be sure to research the seller’s reputation and authenticity of the coin before making a purchase.