In this article, we will explore the most iconic 24-carat gold coins in the world, their unique characteristics, and their fascinating history. Whether you are an experienced collector looking for new acquisitions or an investor seeking to diversify your portfolio with these investment-grade gold coins, we will provide you with detailed information on each coin, as well as practical advice to make informed decisions.
Here is the list of 24-carat gold coins:
- Canadian Maple Leaf:
- Description: The Canadian Maple Leaf is the official coin of Canada. It features an iconic maple leaf on the obverse and the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the reverse. Price of Canadian Maple Leaf: Gold price + 5% premium.
- Description: The Britannia is the official gold coin of the United Kingdom. It showcases the allegorical image of Britannia, the nation’s symbol, on the obverse, while the reverse presents the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Price of Britannia: Gold price + 6% to 7% premium.
- Chinese Panda:
- Description: The Chinese Panda is issued by the People’s Republic of China. Each year, it features a new image of a panda on the obverse, while the reverse depicts the Temple of Heaven in Beijing. Price of Chinese Panda: Gold price + 3% to 4% premium.
- American Buffalo:
- The American Buffalo, also known as the American Gold Buffalo, is a 24-carat gold coin issued by the United States. Its design pays tribute to the Buffalo Nickel coins created by James Earle Fraser in the early 20th century. The obverse features the profile of a Native American chief, while the reverse showcases a majestic American bison. Price of American Buffalo: Gold price + 8% to 9% premium.
- Austrian Philharmonic:
- Description: The Austrian Philharmonic is a gold coin issued by the Austrian Mint. It highlights the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra on the obverse and the Great Organ of the Vienna Concert Hall on the reverse. Price of Austrian Philharmonic: Gold price + 8.5% to 9% premium.
- Australian Nugget (also known as the Gold Kangaroo):
- Description: The Australian Nugget is a coin issued by the Perth Mint. It features different kangaroo designs on the obverse, while the reverse displays the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Premium: 5% to 6%.
- Isle of Man Gold Noble:
- Description: The 1 oz Isle of Man Noble Gold Bullion Coin is issued by the Isle of Man, a Crown dependency of the British Crown. This pure gold coin highlights the heraldic emblem of the Isle of Man on the obverse, while the reverse presents an image of Queen Elizabeth II. Price of Isle of Man Gold Noble: Gold price + 10% to 12% premium.